Custom Rewinding of PTFE Tape Rolls for the Aircraft Industry
Recently, a client from the aircraft industry contracted Advanced Technology Supply, Inc. to rewind and slit custom PTFE rolls down to a 1 inch core. The rolls needed to fit within tight A-A-59474 TY1CL2 quarters. First, we baloney slit the 3 inch ID core materials to measure 1 inch by 36 yards. We then rewound those rolls to 1 inch by 10 yards on a 1 inch core.
The finished PTFE tape roll products were able to fit the tight quarters required for its application. Our services met both customer supplied specifications and Mil-Spec A-A-59474 Type 1 Class 2 standards.
Request a Quote »
PTFE Tape Roll Specifications:
- Product Description
- We were contracted to rewind and slit custom PTFE rolls down to a 1" core to fit within tight quarters A-A-59474 TY1CL2
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Rewind 3" ID Core to 1" ID
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Utilized both 1st we baloney slit 3" ID core material to 1" wide X 36 yds then rewound those rolls 1" X 10 yds on a 1" ID core
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Master Roll Core I.D.: ø3"
Finished Width: 1"
Finished Core I.D.: ø1"
Finished Length: 10 Yards
- Tightest Tolerances
- Can hold .010" but not required for this application
- Material Used
- In Process Inspection Performed
- Tolerance verified after baloney slit
- Industry for Use
- Aerospace insulation on wire harnesses also repair and maintenance
- Delivery Location
- Sold internationally
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications
Mil-Spec A-A-59474 Type 1 Class 2
- Product Name
- Custom PTFE Tape w/ 1" ID Cores