Custom Slitting & Rewinding of PTFE Tape Rolls for the Aircraft Repair and Overhaul Industry
Advanced Technology Supply, Inc. was contracted to custom slit and rewind PTFE tape rolls for the aircraft repair and overhaul industry. First, we rewound the 36 yard master on 3 inch core to a 6 yard master on 3 inch core. Then, using a single knife, we individually slit the 6 yard rolls to a 1 inch width.
Meeting a .010 of an inch precision tolerance, we were able to rewind and custom slit PTFE tape rolls to meet exact customer specifications.
Request a Quote »
PTFE Tape Roll Specifications:
- Product Description
- We were contracted to rewind and slit custom 6 yard rolls of Teflon tape for an aircraft repair application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Rewind Down 6 Yard Roll
Slitting baloney or single knife?
- Slit to 1" Width
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Both single knife and rewind We rewind the 36 yds master on 3" core to 6 yd master on 3" core than individually single knife slit 1" wide 6yd rolls
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Master Roll Width: 32"
Finished Width: 1"
Finished Length: 6 yards
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- In Process Inspection Performed
- Width after single knife slit
- Industry for Use
- Aircraft repair and overhaul
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications
- Product Name
- Custom Slitting & Rewinding of PTFE Tape